Spotter / Fire Watch Jobtype: TemporaryLocation: Durham, NCIndustry: Construction
Share with friends
Email a friend
Share with friendsEmail a friend
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
PeopleReady is hiring for Firewatch role.
- Shut Down workers will be Firewatch/Janitorial
- Watch out for fire hazards in the workplace while work is performed by other employees.
- Maintain the conditions and requirements stated by Control Room.
- In the event of fire, extinguish it immediately or turn a fire alarm on, notify plant control room
- Make sure person going in hole to perform duties comes up
- Make sure you and other employees are aware of the exact location of fire-fighting equipment in the immediate area
- Maintain constant means of communication
- As much as possible, keep visual and voice contact with other employees.
- Before and during each shift, inspect the entire work area and look for potential release of flammable vapors or liquids.
- Be prepared to operate fire extinguishers, hydrants, fixed monitors, and hose carts anytime.
- Never leave the job site while the work is being done.If you must leave, maintain coverage, DO NOT LEAVE UNOCCUPIED.
- Perform general labor janitorial duties assigned, sweeping, wiping down railing, equipment.
- Labor does not interfere with Fire Watch/Hole Watch duties.
- NO SMOKING ON PREMISES
- Clean Shaven
- Ability to work in very warm/smelly conditions 12 Hr shifts
- Communicate and follow Lead directions, and orders for tasks to perform, break schedule, etc.
- Be On-time, courteous, call when you can't make it in plenty time for us to find coverage.Job opportunity is off Hays Road in Hudson usually last 6 weeks.No Transportation available.
- 12 Hr shifts Day or night 7am-7pm 7pm-7am
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to work in Hot environment.
- Ability to work in foul smelling conditions.
- Not afraid of Heights.
Subscribe now for similar jobs and you'll receive updates once a week via email.
null To stop receiving these updates, unsubscribe from the email that we send to you.
Trouble loading map for this location.