Production Welder Jobtype: Temp to PermLocation: Dalton, MinnesotaIndustry: Manufacturing, Production & Logistics
Share with friends
Email a friend
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
We are currently hiring for 1st shift Welder positions in Dalton, MN. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a local manufacturing company. Lays out, fits, and welds raw material, fabricated, and cast components to assemble miscellaneous, ornamental and structural components such as ornamental railings, stairs, ladders, overhead sign structures, machinery frames, and building and bridge parts by performing the following duties.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting. · Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Operate power and hand tools, such as grinders, drills, and saws.
- Safely operate forklifts, overhead cranes and other material handling equipment.
- Work efficiently, accurately and safely.
- Consistently and accurately perform AWS welds meeting both structural and aesthetic requirements, in flat, horizontal, and vertical positions.
- Read a shop drawing, select material, accurately measure and cut parts, tack parts into assembly, weld up assembly, grind welds that require grinding, inspect assembly, mark assembly, and handle and stack assembly.
- Two years of tech school education or two years of similar work experience.
- Must be able to read and understand shop drawings and weld procedures in English. Ability to accurately read an English tape measure.
- Ability to perform basic math skills, add and subtract including fractions.
- Must be able to evaluate welds and assemblies and determine if work is in compliance to the shop drawings, weld procedures and specifications.
- Must pass AWS welder certification test(s).
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. regularly and up to 60lbs. with the aid of another.
- Safety Toed Boots/Shoes required · Must be able to stand for complete shift, walk the length of workstation, bend to pickup items, lift and reach to work table height.
Subscribe now for similar jobs and you'll receive updates once a week via email.