Boat Assembler Jobtype: Temp to PermLocation: New York Mills, MinnesotaIndustry: Manufacturing, Production & Logistics
Share with friends
Email a friend
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Assemble boats by riveting aluminum Lund boat hulls. A variety of tasks are performed building the hulls of each boat using power and non-power hand tools working from specifications and schematic drawings.
- Apply high energy, self-motivation and initiative to learn and be trained on various types of equipment and processes.
- Ability to safely and effectively use high-speed pneumatic power tools (drills, drivers, rivet guns, etc.), hand tools, and bulky steel rivet buckers and mallets.
- Boat hulls are an aluminum riveted component parts product; employees must be able to effectively drill, rivet, and buck rivets in all positions (sitting, kneeling, and standing) while maintaining safe and effective control of high-speed pneumatic tools and steel rivet buckers.
- Must be able to read drawings and specifications Complete required documentation of finished hulls and parts for production purposes Daily job duties will be varied and dynamic.
- Workload will be tracked via daily schedules and assignments requiring responsibility and accountability for quality and timeliness of completion.
- Ability to perform job functions safely and effectively in a fast-paced, noisy environment while wearing all required PPE (including eye, hearing, hand, knee, foot, etc.).
- Practice good housekeeping.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three months experience in a manufacturing setting preferred Detailed and organized person. Computer skills preferred. Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate, train, and perform all required job functions with a work partner while in close proximity with other co-workers.
- Possess a positive work attitude, willingness to learn all departmental job functions, and adhere to safety and quality requirements.
Work Environment and Physical requirements: Regularly required to work at heights on platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time - including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for a majority of the work day. Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, and odors on a daily basis. Physical exertion is required. Requires standing, bending and twisting for a 10-hour shift. May be required to work in a non-air-conditioned area. Vision protection and steel-toed shoes are required. Hearing protection may be required.
Subscribe now for similar jobs and you'll receive updates once a week via email.