Maintenance Technician Jobtype: Temp to PermLocation: New York Mills, MinnesotaIndustry: Manufacturing, Production & Logistics
Share with friends
Email a friend
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
We are currently hiring for a Maintenance Technician in New York Mills, MN. The Maintenance Technician will perform preventive, routine, and troubleshooting maintenance in a large manufacturing facility. Maintenance tasks performed are in a variety of skilled trade areas (fabrication, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, tool and die repair, etc.).
- Apply high energy, self motivation and initiative to learn and be trained on various types of equipment and maintenance techniques, to include resin and spray equipment, HVAC, plumbing, PLCs, VFDs, etc.
- Daily job duties will be varied and dynamic, requiring high levels of customer service and attention to detail.
- Workload will be tracked via daily schedules and assignments requiring responsibility and accountability for quality and timeliness of completion.
- Compliance to safety policies and procedures is required, as well as identifying risks and hazards prior to job completion.
- Requires high foot travel and working throughout the facility. Lifting overhead within prescribed safety limitations. Working at heights: ladders, rooftops, booms and lifts, work platforms, etc. Working outside in all possible weather conditions. Overall good physical condition and agility.
- Work hours: typically 4 days per week at 10 hours per day, 3:00 PM to 1:30 AM daily, but times will be adjusted as demands require. Weekend work is scheduled according to workload and as repair needs dictate.
Two year technical degree or equivalent
A minimum of 3-5 years facility maintenance experience preferred.
Documented work experience in: CNC programming and diagnostics; HVAC; electrical and maintenance experience.
Strong mechanical and electrical background and experience, with experience in electrical motor controls and ladder logic programming.
Experience reading blueprints and schematics and building to specifications.
Ability to fabricate and order materials for open work orders and jobs.
Requires one to three years of substantive experience in one or more of the skilled trades areas (mechanical, electrical, fabrication) and high school diploma/GED.
Will be required to be certified in fork lift and high lift (genie boom) operations and operate other equipment such as yard tractor, EPJ, articulating lift, pick-up.
Requires ability to use a wide variety of hand tools, powered and manual.
Ability to read measurement devices, including OHM/voltage meters, measuring tapes, calipers, various equipment gauges as required.
Good safety awareness, attitude, and attendance. Self-starter and a team player.
Computer skills preferred.
Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS a plus.
Physical requirements include: working at heights on booms, lifts and platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time - including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for a majority of the work day, etc.
Subscribe now for similar jobs and you'll receive updates once a week via email.