Quality Inspector Jobtype: Temp to PermLocation: Somerset, WisconsinIndustry: Manufacturing, Production & Logistics
Share with friends
Email a friend
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Visually and physically inspects plastic injection molded components and assemblies. Verify product conformance to specification upon completion of MRB activities. Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with specifications, statistical process or other control procedures. Provide feedback to other departments regarding product conformity. Maintains necessary inspection logs and writes inspection reports.
Pay rate $14-21 per hour.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections of received, in-process, and finished components, subassemblies, and products.
- Provides information to manufacturing personnel as required in regard to product quality and conformance to specifications. Assists Quality, Engineering, and Production in investigations of process related quality issues.
- Maintains information systems.
- Completes accurate records (on paper and electronic data) in order to provide excellent results. These records include inspection reports, equipment maintenance/calibration logs, and non-conforming material reports.
- Regular attendance.
- Understands the function of these records. Completes records neatly with a goal for 100% accuracy of content and spelling.
- Organizes work and storage areas for efficient workflow and to showcase the quality of work in the lab.
- Assists in the completion of GR&R studies, capability studies, and other inspection reports.
- Participates in SMC internal training and in QA Departmental training.
- Understand and can measure GDT symbols and dimensions
- Can read basic blueprints
- May participate in ISO audits as an observer.
- May participate in a CAPA team with some action item accountability
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. -Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Ability to provide professional and supportive interaction with individuals of all levels of technical abilities.
- Mechanically inclined, strong mathematics skills, basic knowledge in statistics.
- Plastics experience preferred.
- Quality related courses and/or A.S.Q.C. certified mechanical inspector preferred.
- Minimum of two years Quality Assurance experience preferred
- Previous experience with inspection equipment preferred (CMM, -Vision System, common dimensional inspection hand tools) Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Production Operator level 2 or equivalent
- Other duties as assigned
Subscribe now for similar jobs and you'll receive updates once a week via email.