Process Engineer Jobtype: Temp to PermLocation: Somerset, WisconsinIndustry: Manufacturing, Production & Logistics
Share with friends
Email a friend
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Develop optimum molding processes and tools for manufacturing medical components through support and leadership in the development process. Provide recommendations and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls that ensure effective solutions are achieved on time and within budget.
Pay rate for this job is $70K per annum.
Key Accountabilities / Essential Functions:
- Exceed customer expectations as related to part, product, and or assembly.
- Safety: Develop and maintain processes that ensure safe practices, adhering to company safety policies.
- Service: Meeting the needs of external and internal customers related to the program and process development to the manufacturing team's needs for success.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes and new technologies for NPD and Production needs.
- Providing direction and guidance to the team assigned in order to meet program expectations.
- Develop, document and implement standard manufacturing processes and methodologies in a manner that meets customer contracts and company internal profitability expectations. Escalation of process and program challenges as necessary.
- Prepare and provide status reviews to program manager.
- Continuous Improvement: Manage process development with knowledge gained from previous molds and other subject matter experts.
- Recommend and improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Support a team culture where all participating employees feel engaged, involved, supported, and challenged to exceed expectations.
Other Position Duties:
- Work with design, manufacturing, production, engineers and tooling during the entire development cycle.
- With emphasis on new mold sampling prior to transfer to production.
- Actively engage in Tool Design Reviews and recommend improvements to optimize molding, setup, and overall manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes, equipment, and material issues.
- Work with internal and external resources to resolve molding and manufacturing issues and implement long term solutions.
- Research, develop and implement manufacturing process controls, machinery modifications and improvements.
- Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or molding improvements.
- Perform D.O.E.'s to determine root cause(s) of complex process problems and develop robust process windows.
- Travel may be required to meet project needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical or Engineering degree preferred with a minimum 5 years' experience in plastics processing.
- Certificate in RJG Master Molder or equivalent knowledge a plus.
- Experience implementing decoupled molding processes and scientific molding techniques.
- Ability to successfully complete all duties outlined in SMC job description for Mold Tech Four.
- Experience with multi-cavity molds and runnerless systems a plus.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including work flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Strong team player, self-motivated.
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
Subscribe now for similar jobs and you'll receive updates once a week via email.